

## **Project 2020 CIC Directors Emergency Meeting**

**27/11/2017. 9pm GMT**

**Present: Daniel Carter (DC), Marc Tilley (MT), Tom Bevan (TB)**

Apologies: Spencer Huggins (SH)

### Minutes

#### 1) Discussion of CIC's management of assets and access to account for more than one director

TB: We need to pass a resolution to add another director onto the account

MT: Yes, it is important to have at least 2 people to have access to the account in case of a director not being able to have time/capacity.

DC: We need to have control of the account for all upcoming projects to ensure people get paid ASAP and we can keep track

TB: Can you therefore confirm that you are happy for me to send a letter to Santander explaining that we wish to add Daniel Carter and Tom Bevan onto the Project 2020 CIC account as a temporary measure. They will both need to have debit cards. This needs to be fed back to Spencer.

To confirm, the following person(s) be appointed as new signatories to all accounts: Full Name: Thomas Patrick McIntyre Bevan Full Name: Daniel John Carter. Are you happy to make this resolution?

MT: Yes

DC: Yes

TB: Yes

TB: Do you agree that this falls in line with Project 2020 CIC articles of association?

MT: Yes

DC: Yes

DC: If we are added, we can have our own debit cards and another director cannot cancel them. Anything we can do to make sure Spencer stays on the account but doesn't cancel the card again mid-project, that would be good- can the bank ensure that this won't happen again?

TB: I will check with the bank about this issue.

DC: I don't trust having Spencer on the account as he could cut it at any time, even if we are on the account. We are handling a lot of money and we can't run projects when a Director is acting this way.

TB: We need to talk to Spencer about this. For the time being we can add Dan and Tom to the account?

DC: I am in favour of removing him from the account to protect our assets and our reputation. But what I think what we should do for now is add myself and Tom onto the account and to have debit cards and chat to Spencer about how to move forward harmoniously after Are You Lost Yet project.

TB: So the resolution agreed still stands?

DC: Yes

MT: Yes

#### 2) Update on Are You Lost Yet project progress

DC: Update on The Are You Lost Yet project in Macedonia.

Everything is in place. Waiting on CID to confirm who the education and logistics officer will be on the ground in Kumanovo. Participants sent from Greece already, Italians to send ASAP. Waiting on agenda from Tom to book in venue for open mic night. We will need the debit card to pay for accommodation and food for the young people.

### 3) Streamlining and improving comms between directors

TB: How can we make sure we streamline comms between directors?

MT: Monthly skype meeting, email updates

DC: I will send out weekly emails about projects and you can send your own updates if you have any. We have a number of projects on the way next year

MT: We should develop titles as directors to make sure workload is delegated more efficiently and effectively. I could take on the Communications/Media Director for example.

DC: We need access to the Project 2020 Website and email accounts and a system for updating this

### 4) Setting options for the next meeting

TB: Agreed that we circulate options for future meetings via email and give a number of time options for directors as we did this time?

MT: Yes

DC: Agreed, yes

### 5) Collection of Receipts

TB: Spencer asked all the receipts for projects.

MT: What are they needed for?

DC: All the receipts and breakdown of costs and expenditures in 2016 will be in the Dropbox by the end of w/b 27/11. All the 2017 projects, they are all technically unfinished as final reports not submitted and so receipts do not need to be filed. With the exception of The Journey, whose receipts will be filed. Spencer needs to supply a update in terms of expenditure on the National Lottery project. And can we ask him if he can provide bank statements from January 2016-Januiray 2017, so we can do the accounts as well as the list of Project 2020 assets.

DC: There are so many projects I am trying to keep control of and make sure reimbursements can be handed out. We are behind on payments and I can't make sure we pay everyone.

MT: Can we CC all directors in an email to make sure we all see what is owed and outstanding?

DC: Yes, I can do this.

### 6) Penalties for going incognito

DC: In terms of not responding as a director or acting 'incognito', as directors we can act in accordance with our Articles of Association and remove that person as a director. Could we amend the articles to say that a director must respond within 3 weeks?

TB: This can be something to look into.

MT: The times of this meeting were circulated in advanced and we were given options so I don't know what else we could have done?

DC: We need to amend the articles to make sure that if a director goes out of contact for 3 weeks, say, you receive a strike. We need to write new articles of association to write clear rules about going completely out of contact for 7 weeks.

#### 7) Bank statements from Jan 2016 - Jan 2017

DC: We need to ask Spencer to provide bank statements from January 2016-January 2017, so we can do the accounts as well as the list of Project 2020 assets. We are currently overdue on submitting our accounts into Companies House and there is no good reason for this.

TB: If we are put on the account, I can print off or request the bank statements.

#### 8) Debts due to director negligence

DC: I need to call HMRC to find out how much we owe them as we have been fined for not submitting our accounts. Again, this is really simple and can be done immediately once we have access to the account.

#### 9) Asset list

DC: I need Spencer to confirm the assets we own in Cardiff to add to a list in Macedonia, we currently have lost track of what we own in Cardiff and cannot see what has been spent on the account without having access to it.

TB: Can we email Spencer and ask him to prepare a list for the next meeting?

#### 10) AOB

TB: None. Just looking forward to resolving the control of the accounts and working hard on Are You Lost Yet exchange.

MT: Feedback on networking event of alliance of NGOs in Malta who run similar projects in line with Project 2020 aims and activities. I'd like to expand our networks in Malta and apply for some of this funding.

DC: I think we should look into it more but sounds really good in theory.

DC: I think we have some key dates to be aware of the fact we should all be using Project 2020 emails- can Marc be added onto the account? We will need Spencer to okay this. Also some key dates we need to be aware of as a group. Dan in 8-18<sup>th</sup> in Brussels, including the YEU general assembly 16-18<sup>th</sup>. Very beneficial network that we want to keep on good terms with long term. Are You Lost Yet, 16-24<sup>th</sup> December. Then we have a transnational meeting for 176K British Council KA2 project in different countries- we are hosting the Cardiff leg 12-15<sup>th</sup> January in Cardiff. Two people minimum from each country – DC and TB to attend and invite Spencer.

10<sup>th</sup>-18<sup>th</sup> February, in Armenia. No Hate Speech Network exchange.

Are You Lost Yet in Cardiff if 4-12<sup>th</sup> March. To be held in YHA Central Cardiff, which needs to be paid for ASAP.

May and June –two month long mobility exchanges in Macedonia, Estonia and Wales. Working in youth centres.

September and October – a repeat of the project, but for ten months.

Close of meeting.